Thursday, April 30, 2009

Summer Day Dream

















My final project was about a high school girl who fell into sleep during the Korean History class. She had a very relaxing, yet queer dream, and when the school bell rings, she woke up from her sleep. Since the project mainly dealt with her day dream, most of the scenes portrayed the hypnotic images of Korean traditional house, woman, and sequence of random images, representing the randomness of a typical day-dream. I put contemporary Korean traditional music, which gives very warm and relaxing feeling to the entire project.

I used photo shop to draw the scenes. For making realistic images, scenes with the roof of the Korean house and the one with the Korean traditional woman, I googled the pictures and put them as the background layers of the photo-shop, traced them, and re-touched them by using tablet and photo-shop effects; for the one with the traditional woman, I deleted the background layer with the original picture after the drawing and retouching process; I really like this scene since it really gives a dream-like feeling. Besides those two images, and the classroom scene, I used tablet ad various photo-shop effects to draw other scenes.

For the scenes with transformations, I used the method that I used for the previous power point project. As I was altering the images by using liquefying effect and tablet, I saved the image as a new file often so that I could get a flowing change from scene to scene.

Although this project took a lot of time, I was happy after I finished this project since I was really satisfied with the outcome; I love all the scenes and the music I put into it! :--)





No comments:

Post a Comment