Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mural







For this project, I thought that drawing mural, which represents my nationality and my interest in fashion would be a great idea. For this reason, I decided to paint a woman wearing Hanbok, a Korean traditional clothes.

Hanbok is all about a unifying harmony of different colors of fabrics. When I was drawing the mural, therefore, I did my best to make various colors that match well with one another and place those colors that would go well with the flow of the fabric. Since we only had limited color for the paints, I used my acrylic paints and mixed them with the white paint to make a pastel colors.

I outlined the entire character and drew some details with black paint to make the mural stands out better. I also focused on the detail of the clothes and the composition as well to make the mural visually attracting.
I really like the way the woman I drew grab the tentacle of the octopus. I think they really go well together. I also really liked the idea of a ring girl transform into the Korean traditional woman.

It would have been even greater if we had more time and safer place to paint a mural so that we could really have a solid and detailed transition that makes the mural more unifying and stand out.:--)

No comments:

Post a Comment