Tuesday, March 3, 2009

connected Beauty



As the title implies, my project is about the flowing transformation of one form of beauty to another.

I had two main goals for making this project: to accomplish the smooth transitions from scene to scene; and to make each scene artistic and visually pleasurable.

For this project, I mainly used Photoshop. I started with the first main scene, the forest, and altered this image for transforming it into a flower. As altering, I saved the image as a new file as frequently as possible to make sure that I would have enough scenes to make a flowing transformation. I used the same process for transforming a flower into a butterfly, and a butterfly into an eye. This took a lot of time since the images were all drawn and altered by hand drawing, using a Tablet. I knew that this would take a lot of time, but I wanted the particular style that would only be achieved by using this method.

For an eye, I wanted the blinking motion to be natural. Therefore, instead of using a mouse, I set the ‘time interval setting’ really small, which enabled the smooth motion of an eye.

Overall, in terms of the time I had been given for and of the effort I put into, I am really satisfied with my finished project.

No comments:

Post a Comment