Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Birth of Munny

My inspiration was those mustache-on-Mona-Lisa pictures, which made me think of combining funky things with classic arts. The painting I chose is The Birth of 
Venus by Botticelli, 


because he is one of my favorite artists and his Venus is so elegant with beautiful figure, long blonde hair and gloomy eyes, which is perfect for my objective. I decided to substitute a character symbolizing the new growing kid-adult toy industry, munny, for venus.
My idea is to show a make up process that turns the munny into a gothic bride, and then make the whole picture emerge from the background.  I used several photoshop brushes, and layered every single change I added to the picture.  I made its (her?) eyes blink to keep the pace of the whole transformation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment